Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cinemust : Love Story


I only went to one film at the NZ Film Festival this year, despite ear marking half a dozen. With just one opportunity to escape the house, I chose Florian Habicht's Love Story which opened the festival and, like everyone that night, was emotionally tickled and moved. 


The concept is so simple; a Choose Your Own Adventure of sorts (helloooo children of the 70s and 80s) that asked the people of New York to decide the next move in Florian's love affair with the beautiful Masha. 


As well as genuinely touching revelations from the most unexpected of characters (I got chills when the psychic answered his question about what is most important in life) there were also moments of tummy-aching hilarity. I couldn't stop mentally comparing Florian to Roberto Bernigni in 'Life is Beautiful', although he oozes sex appeal whereas the latter was just wacky.


Love Story has opened at cinemas around New Zealand and I cannot urge you strongly enough to go and see it. It is a film I have thought about numerous times since and look forward to seeing again when it is released on DVD.


For international readers, I'm waiting on details of the international release and will post an update soon.


Come back and tell me what you think once you have seen it. 


x

1 comment:

Darren Demers said...

Love Story has opened at cinemas around New Zealand and I cannot urge you strongly enough to go and see it. It is a film I have thought about numerous times since and look forward to seeing again when it is released on DVD. mens gold chains canada , mens gold chains australia ,