Friday, September 9, 2011

Femme frecklé: Camille Rowe for Chloé



Not only is Camille Rowe a fellow femme frecklé, at just 5 foot 7 she is also on the short side for a model - hoorah! Don't get me wrong, I love tall women (stay tuned for my next beauty icon post - she stands at 5 feet 11 inches tall at 89 years of age) but I am always excited to see fellow shorties making waves in the model world. She is in good company too, Kate Moss and Nicole Fox, winner of America's Next Top Model (the petite series), are both 5 foot 7.

I haven't grown a millimetre since I was 13 years old and am by far the shortest member of my family. Height is one of those genes you just can't fudge. Sure, we can slap on a stiletto for some extra inches, but at the end of the day there is no point wishing to be taller or shorter than we are. I learnt my lesson at fashion week when I picked the biggest package out of the mybeautystore.co.nz lucky dip, while my sister chose the smallest. She got a fabulous Smashbox lip pencil, I got a (sorry QVS) cheap and nasty nail clipper set. Size is irrelevant when you don't know what's on the inside!

What about you, Beaunz readers? Are you at peace with your height?

x

No comments: