Friday, September 23, 2011

Hello Yellow

Image courtesy of CND nails

We have already established that I can't wear a yellow dress for wedding season (if you're new to Beaunz fill yourself in here)...but I've found the perfect compromise in this CND 'Bicycle Yellow' polish used on the Karen Walker models' nails at NYFW.

The KW collection was a gorgeous mash-up of prints and preppy with flashes of coral and blue (and as usual there are several pieces I have put in my 'to save for' file) but the thing that really stood out to me was the beautiful makeup and styling. I love the combination of flushed cheeks and coral lips, but it wouldn't be KW without a little wacky - hence the crayola yellow nails. I was going to write 'she nailed it' but that would be a cheesy, gratuitous pun for pun's sake.
I've got my styling sorted...now all I need is that darned dress...
Any ideas, lovely readers?
x

No comments: