Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Sounds: The Weepies



This week has been challenging to say the least. My daughter has been unwell and averaged 2hours sleep a night since Tuesday, which is all the more challenging with my husband away. It gives me new appreciation for solo parents and the challenges they face.


I love this song by The Weepies because it sums up that feeling you get when your world has ground to a halt but everyone else continues with their lives, blissfully unaware. I have muddled through the week envying every stranger on the street (except the fellow Mum out walking her baby at 5am) convinced that they have had more sleep than me.


This morning I feel drunk from 6 hours uninterrupted slumber, and can once again jump on the mad, mad merry-go-round that is life...double shot latte in hand of course!


x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! Hunter has been unwell this weekend and i know what I am in for tonight (again) unfortunately. Bring on the coffee!! (Jennie)

Anonymous said...

The weepies...so appropriate, i know this feeling too. The first coffee of the day makes thing look better for a short while!

Erica Kent said...

Jennie - I hope your night was better?

Erica Kent said...

Anonymous - there is nothing better than the first sip of coffee, I swear I feel it race through my veins sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Night was not great, poor boy starting puking this evening so another stink night I imagine! (Jennie) x