Friday, October 28, 2011

A shared sorrow is half a sorrow

Ocean massage at Spa Hayman, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

This is torture. I am hunched over my desk writing a feature on International Spa Inspiration for the magazine I edit. My shoulders need a good sorting out, my brow is furrowed and my feet are throbbing because I chose to wear super-high heels (the sun was out and my toes were newly polished with OPI Wocka Wocka). Then what do I see? THIS.

Put yourself in her...well, I can't say shoes can I? In fact, she appears to be wearing nothing at all, so I'll say...put yourself in her (perfectly sunkissed) skin for a moment. What do you hear? Waves. Birds. Your therapist moving around in the water. Your breath. Probably even your own heartbeat. Salt and frangipani tickle your nose. The sun is another set of warm hands, massaging your soul as well as your skin. The only thing on your mind is which cocktail to order come dinner time...okay, lunch time.

I don't usually want to be someone else, but right now I want to be her. It would be my new wish in the Land of Birthdays.

I'm sure you appreciate me sharing this with you, after all, they say 'A shared sorrow is half a sorrow'. Thanks for sharing my sorrow, Beaunz belles.

Visiting the Great Barrier Reef was on my five year plan, but it's now on my 2012 plan and I'll be going to Spa Hayman.

x

No comments: