Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Sounds : John Lennon



Every year on the 8th of December I have a quiet moment and think of John Lennon. Strange as it sounds for someone not of the Beatles era, I have always felt a real sense of sadness and loss. His songs fill little holes in my heart, and are as ingrained in my childhood memories as nursery rhymes. 


I'm a huge Beatles fan (Rubber Sole is my desert island album), but it's Imagine that I sing to my daughter in the bath, and that I hope she grows up knowing. The lyrics are 40 years old yet they still find relevance today, and although I can't watch this video clip without cringing, I love its gentle optimism. I can think of a few politicians who should listen to a little more John Lennon.


Wishing you a sweet and sunny Sunday.


x

No comments: