Monday, February 6, 2012

A pencil for your thoughts



I have found my Mecca; a pint-sized shop tucked away behind Agnes Curran on the corner of Ponsonby and Franklin Roads, bursting with everything a stationery magpie could want, and a few I hadn't seen before.


The Pencil Boutique has the browsing pleasure of a cabinet de curiosité, where every square inch demands close attention so as not to miss a treat. Organic cotton Rob Ryan bunting (now hanging in my daughter's room), Miroslav Sasek 'This is...' books (as much for adults as children), a great selection of Moleskin notebooks, Rouge Caroubier ink...the list goes on. 


The shop is run and curated by Pebbles Hooper, who is clearly nostalgic for her beautiful childhood stationery, and rather than pricing everything sky-high simply because she can, I was pleasantly surprised at the value of these gorgeous quality goods.


If you're in the market for a gift, or just looking to enhance your desk appeal, take a peek here first and I doubt you will leave empty handed.


x

No comments: